Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Houston- Zoo

During our trip to Houston, we of course had to visit the zoo! Mabry and I did some research about the zoo before we left. We learned that they had a baby giraffe named Miles. So, Mabry was very excited about meeting him. The girls really enjoyed the zoo.





Introducing...Miles! He is only 6 feet tall.



This is his Mommy.






The girls also loved watching the elephants.





Sydney in her favorite place... Daddy's shoulders.






Mabry and Daddy checking out the leopards.




Sydney watching the tigers. I love this picture.




Mabry looking at her favorites... the flamingos. She was very excited that she could get so close to them.





Mommy and the girls. It was very humid so don't laugh at my hair!



Mabry and Sydney talking to each other about the zebras. I think these are Sydney's favorites because she kept saying "zega".



This picture melts my heart.

3 comments:

Gram said...

Miles is so tiny, I thought he wasn't real at first. I bet the girls had a great time at the zoo. Mabry is such a big Sister to Sydney. Loved the pictures.

Auntie H said...

I agree with Mabes that Miles "is so cute"! It looks like the zoo was a lot of fun. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates what the humidity does to your hair.

The pic of the girls holding hands melts my heart as well. One that should be in a frame in their rooms.

Alicia said...

It looks like yall had a fun time. I wish I could see a real live giraffe. The picture of the girls holding hands melts mine and Uncle Eric's hearts.